April School & Community Contest
Family Events | Fundraisers | Support Groups | Workshops | Information Sessions
THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY SCHOOL IN THE ANNAPOLIS VALLEY FOR WHAT YOU DO ALL YEAR LONG TO RAISE AUTISM AWARENESS, CULTIVATE A CULTURE OF UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE, AND SUPPORT YOUR AUTISTIC STUDENTS, AS WELL AS ALL STUDENTS WITH DIVERSE NEEDS AND EXCEPTIONALITIES!!!
DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN POSTPONED. MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
New for 2020!
Murals with a Message contest details:
- Registration deadline is March 31. Email AV_RC@autismns.ca to request a registration package.
- Mural Specifications: 30 to 36 inches tall, 6 to 8 feet wide; must be able to be removed, in one piece, and rolled up. Creativity is key, but the mural must communicate a message. Your mural must celebrate autism, encourage autism awareness, inspire and educate your community, and promote understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Create a mural, according to the above specifications, and display it in your school or in a public place in your community during the month of April.
- Take a high-res photograph(s) of your mural. Create a video of the mural, featuring the participants, their explanation of the mural’s message, and the mural’s location.
- Judging criteria: Creativity (25%), Message (50%), Video (25%)
- Photo(s) and video must be submitted to AV_RC@autismns.ca by midnight April 17.
- Winning murals will be picked up on Thursday, April 23.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Grand Opening of our Kentville location on April 25.