We're looking for Counselors for our Summer Day Camp!!!
The Summer Day Camp for Children and Youth with Autism is a recreation program for individuals on the autism spectrum between the ages of 3 and 25 years. Each camper is supported with a 1:1 camper/counsellor ratio and activities are designed specifically with participants’ needs and interests in mind. The camp will take place in various different locations throughout the Annapolis Valley. Application closing date Friday, May 19th., 4:30 p.m.
Program: Summer Day Camp for Children and Youth with Autism
Time: Approx 35 hours / wk. (Flexibility required) $12.50 per hour
Term: 8 weeks starting Monday, June 26th ending Friday, August 18th (exact dates to be confirmed)
Accountability: The Camp Counselor is accountable to the Camp Coordinator.
Responsibility: The Camp Counselor acts as a guardian and facilitator for the child assigned to his/her care during camp hours. The Camp Counselor is responsible to ensure a safe, fun, active and enjoyable recreational day camp experience for the children in the camp program.
The Camp Counsellor is responsible for the following:
• To adhere to all policies and procedures including those identified in the Policies and Procedures Manual and the Staff Manual.
• Ensure all campers are treated with dignity and respect.
• Ensure the health and safety needs of each camper are met at all times.
• Never leave a camper unattended in the camp or community and to be able to account for a camper’s whereabouts at all times.
• To ensure camp facilities are cleaned up and in order.
• Other duties as required.
• Knowledge and experience working with individuals with autism
• University degree or student in a post-secondary program
• Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Able to work independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Up to date First Aid certification
. Up to date Criminal Records Check
. Up to date Child Abuse Registry Check
. Valid driver’s license
Application closing date is Friday, May 19., 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Sandy Wing at email@example.com or by mail/in person to Autism Centre, 565 Main St., PO Box 555, Kingston, NS, B0P 1R0.
Further questions can be directed to 902-242-2019 or firstname.lastname@example.org